official site for the city of cordele, ga

Most required forms can be downloaded by clicking on the "FORMS" tab to the left. 

In addition to the above, the following items are required for each business type listed below:

Occupational Tax Certificates

​aka "Business Licenses"


  • Certificate of Occupancy
  • If Retail, must provide Sales Tax Number
  • If Convenience/Grocery Business, MUST have Dept of Ag. Safety Pen Permit


(License will expire on Dec. 31st. Must have written permission per occurrence.)

  • Written permission from land owner or manager to set up at that location.
  • Copy of home license based on gross receipts
  • Certificate of Occupancy
  • Food vendors need Food Service Permit  (Crisp County Heath Dept - Wyn Howell  (229) 276-2680


(For all in/out of town/state contractors. This includes Crisp County)

  • Administrative Fee $75

  • Copy of Georgia State License (if applicable)

  • Surety Bond ($5000.00) or Certificate of Liability Insurance listing City of Cordele as additional interested party.

  • ​If no GA License based on gross receipts, license will be issued tax-based per job.


(State Certified Private  -  6 Children or Less)

  • Certificate from State (Bright from the Start)
  • CPR Certification
  • Certificate of Occupancy
  • Background Check
  • List of Employees (Background Check)


  • Copy of State Establishment License
  • State Embalmer's License
  • Certificate of Occupancy


  • Food service permit - Contact Crisp County Health Dept
  • Certificate of Occupancy

The following items are needed to issue a City of Cordele Occupational Tax Certificate: